What can be said about Brooklyn! I’m completely in love with this New York neighbourhood. Besides the variety of stores and well kept special restaurants, it has a more “real” vibe than Manhattan (even if it’s just one subway stop away). Not to mention the STUNNING views of the Big Apple’s skyline.
This carousel was created in 1922 and placed in Ohio. At the present, it’s set in the Brooklyn Bridge Park. It consists of three lines of horses (48 steeds and two carriages).
A lot of events are celebrated here, such as birthdays, food parties… even weddings! The amazing views are one of the obvious reasons!
The ticket is 2$ for adults. Children under three can accompany them for free… or is it the other way round?
- During the winter (from September 18th to May 13th). Thursdays to Sundays from 11 am. to 6 pm.
- During the summer (from May 14th to September 17th). Open every day except on Tuesdays from 11 am. to 7 pm.
You can check their website for any extra information you may need.
The perfect plan
You have already reached DUMBO (Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass). My suggestion is that you get there early to be able to enjoy the neighbourhood as long as possible:
- The first hour of the morning could be spent on the playground on Main Street Park. That way the children can release some energy and get to do something fun for themselves. I need to add that we loved the playground: some of the swings were boat-shaped, there were sandboxes, special areas for the smaller ones…
- Then you can take a short walk by the river bank while you enjoy the views and the atmosphere.
- Afterwards you can go shopping at the marvelous Empire Stores and have a coffee at one of the cool industrial designed coffee shops in the building to replenish your forces.
- Off to the carousel! You should at least ride it twice: it’s not every day that you can visit a place like this.
- A pizza at Juliana’s. For some years now, this place has been in the first position in traveling apps such as TripAdvisor, The line (there’s always one) is long, but moves fast. Delicious and enormous pizzas, nice waiters, highchairs and changing tables for babies… it’s worth it!
- Save space in the stomach for dessert: a delicious ice cream from Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory. You can taste it on the dock!
- Return to Manhattan crossing the Brooklyn Bridge by foot. THIS is the best way to do so: facing the Manhattan skyline.
I hope that you fall in love with this city as much as me. I wish that we can go back many times more!
If you want to find out about interesting plans to do in New York, continue reading the blog!