This post is also available in: Español (Spanish)
We have a new stroller and I LOVE IT!!!! I had been eyeing it since I was pregnant because it’s perfect for traveling due to its lightness and how simple it is to open and close. We have finally decided to buy it for several reasons:
- Eva’s weight is already considerable and she moves more. Baby-carrying is really convenient for some hours but the whole day (when we are abroad for example), can be too much.
- If we want to eat out, mainly during trips, the stroller is way more practical because she falls asleep immediately in it.
- She’s cooler in the stroller than in the carrier, and depending on the destination of our trip we are both thankful for that!
- Some friends of ours in Corea had the same stroller, so Dani could see it and fall in love with it (I had already tried, seen and saved it in the small compartment of my brain in which I keep future purchases).
- It’s simply fabulous.
Why Yoyo by Babyzen
Not many folding baby chairs in the market could suit us; if it didn’t leave at least one free hand, it wouldn’t do. On many occasions I have to travel by myself and I can’t easily manage.
It’s not cheap, but it has been a good inversion so far because we are going to give it a great deal of use. These are some of the features that we love about Yoyo:
- It’s really light, only four-and-something kilos.
- It’s amazingly compact, in fact, it fits as hand luggage!
There is one which is even a bit more compact: the GB Pockit, but it’s noticeably less confortable: more complicated to fold, less solid and harder to handle, the parasol is tiny… to sum up, it didn’t convince us as much as the Yoyo.
- It spreads open and can be folded back with just one hand, while you hold your child with the other one. Here I post the video so you can see for yourselves. It is most convenient for traveling: if you have to enter the underground, hop on a tram or an escalator, take a cab…
- The canopy (which has a very good size in comparison with most pushchairs) has a small transparent part on the top through which you can see your little one.
- The large handle allows you to manoeuvre the stroller with one hand. Four-wheel-drive makes it so easy to move!
- It’s surprisingly robust. One would think that a foldable stroller (especially such a compact one) would be more unstable, but it’s not the case.
- It makes the most of its width; the chassis or the wheels barely stand out, so it fits almost anywhere and the child has a lot of space.
- It has a lot of storage space: a lower bag as well as two compartments in the rear (one of them with a zipper, comes in handy for your phone or wallet).
- The canopy is attached to the lower part with velcros that we can let loose for the air to come in even when the cover is on.
- The seat can be reclined. Eva has had wonderful naps in her buggy.
- You can hang it from your shoulder thanks to a padded belt. The safety belts for the child are also padded for their comfort.
- There’s the possibility of using it since the child’s birth by adapting the stroller with the newborn pack of covers.
- You can attach the child’s car seat, which is very unusual in foldable strollers.
- It comes stored in its own cloth bag.
At the time of buying
Watch out because the previous model is still being offered almost everywhere for the same price. It’s also very good but the 2016 model has been added some improvements such as a wider canopy or the storage space.
You can choose the color of the chassis (black or white), of the canopy and the mat (taupe, pink, red, blue, grey or black). Some gadgets can be added, like hooks for the handle or bottle-holders. We haven’t added anything for the moment.
At the beginning, our intention was to buy it in a big department store so we could take it for repairing or exchanging in any city, but besides being noticeably more expensive, they kept on delaying the date of delivery.
I finally decided to make the purchase at Crioh, which turned out to be the best decision! They kindly assisted me over the telephone, I made the order on a Tuesday afternoon and got it right the next morning! Besides, they included a mattress -that I haven’t used yet because I think it will be too hot for her- , a nice and big changing bag with many compartments, and the most compact plastic raincover in its own little bag (which matches the stroller, amazing!) It came out to us QUITE cheaper, and the guarantee included home pick-up in case of breakdown, so that fear was solved.
I could carry on explaning the tons of advantages of this pram that has stolen my heart, but I have this irresistible urge to keep using it and go for a stroll with my little beaver.
One last advice: I find it very practical to store the stuff I usually carry (blanket, wipers, baby food jars…) inside a cloth bag in the lower compartment instead of leaving everything scattered. That way, if we need to fold the stroller rapidly I don’t go crazy picking out every item one by one.